Are you aware of how often you rely on hot water in your home? When your water heater isn’t working properly, you suddenly realize just how often you use it. From washing dishes to doing laundry to showering, it’s integral to your daily routine. When you experience problems, look no further than Mac's Plumbing, Heating & Air. We are a water heater service in Elk Grove that offers reliable solutions for those times when you need them most.
Throughout the last 10 years, we have restored hot water to countless homeowners just like you. Our team is extensively experienced and has worked with all major makes and models and understands the ins and outs of these units. Whether it’s a minor repair, an installation of a new system, or a routine maintenance visit, we’ll provide it all with confidence and precision.
Reach out to Mac's Plumbing, Heating & Air today at (916) 794-8884 to schedule your next service. We offer free estimates for all installations.
Is It Time for a Repair?
If you’ve noticed that your water heater isn’t working quite as well as it used to, it might be time to give us a call. These units work tirelessly every day to provide you and your family ample warm water. Over time, everyday wear and tear can require some work to make sure it continues to function as it should. If you’re not sure if your unit is in need of a repair, give us a call and let us know your concerns and we’ll let you know what we think.
Common signs that you may need a repair include:
- Little or no hot water: This is one of the most common and easily identifiable signs that your unit may be experiencing a problem. If your warm water demands haven’t changed lately, it’s probably time for a repair.
- Cloudy or discolored water: This can be a sign that the tank of your unit is rusting from the inside. The rust will cause sediment and minerals to build up and turn your water an unsightly color.
- Metallic odor or taste to the water: If you have an old tank, as it breaks down, you may notice there is a noticeable taste or smell to your water.
- Water or puddles around your tank: This is a very obvious sign that you may need a repair or even a replacement. Don’t hesitate if you notice a leak, as it can cause further damage to the areas around your water heater.
- Louder operation or odd noises: Does your unit sound like it’s working harder than usual or even taking longer to heat up the water? If so, or if you hear any other uncharacteristic sound, give our Elk Grove plumbers a call.
Repair vs Replace–When Can I Fix My Hot Water Heater?
Deciding between a water heater repair and a water heater replacement can be a complex decision, with several factors to consider. It’s generally easier to go for a repair if:
- Your water heater is only four to five years old
- Your water heater has served you well all this time with only minor issues arising
- And the parts can easily be replaced without too much trouble
In these cases, the repair tends to make economic sense instead of replacing it completely.
How Often Should You Replace Your Water Heater?
You should replace your water heater every 10-15 years assuming proper maintenance and care. If yours is around this age and starts to experience problems, it may be more cost-effective to replace it with a new one. Newer models offer advancements in technology and can potentially save you money in the long run by decreasing your energy usage.
There are two main types of water heaters:
- Traditional storage tank
There are benefits and drawbacks to each option. For larger families and higher demand, traditional water heaters are probably the best option, as they heat water in advance and provide you with a larger quantity. For smaller households or small spaces, a tankless is a good option. They heat water as you need it and are much more compact than traditional units because they don’t have a large storage tank. Though more expensive upfront, the long-term energy savings can pay off in the long run.
Our team is thoroughly informed on all makes and models and will discuss your needs and help you settle on the best choice.
You Can Count on Mac's Plumbing, Heating & Air
We are a family-owned company that has one mission: to satisfy every customer, every time. We want to provide the same level of service we would want to be provided to us and our families. That’s why we are upfront and honest with our pricing and only charge flat fees. Our team is also available for same-day appointments and provides free estimates on new installations. We look forward to ensuring your home comfort for years to come.
Learn more about our Elk Grove water heater services – reach out to our team. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
“The experience and expertise of Mac’s Plumbing Heating & Air was refreshing”Basorba
“From the receptionist to the tech they were great and I would highly recommend Mac's plumbing heating and air.”Cynthia T.
“So...thank you to all of you for taking pride in your job and doing your best. I would highly recommend Mac's Plumbing Heating and Air!”Lori M.