Mac's Plumbing, Heating & Air has been providing honest and reliable home services to the residents of Elk Grove and surrounding areas for over a decade. As a local company ourselves, we understand how necessary a functioning air conditioning unit is. If you want to upgrade your unit to gain more energy-efficiency, or your AC is failing to keep up with your home’s cooling needs, it is time to call the cooling pros.
Signs Your AC Needs to be Replaced
Typically, air conditioning units last about 10-15 years with proper maintenance. Eventually, every AC will break down and need to be replaced. Here are some common signs that it might be time to get a new system:
- Constant AC repairs: If your AC is constantly needing repairs, you might be better off replacing the system entirely.
- Hot or cold spots in your home: Uneven cooling in your home could be a sign of a malfunctioning thermostat, or that your ductwork needs replacing.
- Higher energy bills: Your unit might be ill-equipped to keep up with your home’s cooling needs, leading to the system overworking.
- Bad smells: Is a ‘dirty sock’ smell coming from you AC? This could be a sign that mildew or mold has infiltrated your system, damaging crucial components.
- Grinding or squeaking noises: While some noises could indicate a loose or worn out component which can be fixed with a quick repair. However, other noises could be a sign that your airflow is constricted.
- Moisture buildup: There are a variety of issues that could be creating liquid buildup. One of the most dangerous is a freon leak.
- Low airflow: Limited airflow could indicate problems with your ductwork, or the unit itself. This can mean that your unit is working overtime, for little result.
- Old unit: If your unit is over 10 years old, there are more energy-efficient solutions out there that can save you money on repairs and energy bills.
Our HVAC technicians work hard to save you money, and if your AC unit can be repaired instead of replaced, we will happily fix it.
Maximize Comfort and Efficiency with the Right Size Air Conditioner
When it comes to choosing a new air conditioner for your home, size matters. A unit that is too small will struggle to cool your space, while one that is too large will cycle on and off frequently, wasting energy and causing temperature fluctuations. At Mac's Plumbing Heating & Air, our licensed technicians have the expertise to help you select the right size air conditioner for your specific needs.
Our licensed technicians at Mac's Plumbing Heating & Air are experienced in performing accurate load calculations to determine the appropriate size AC unit for your specific needs. We take into account factors such as the square footage of your home, insulation levels, and the number of windows and occupants to ensure optimal cooling performance.
Benefits of choosing the right size air conditioner include:
- Optimal cooling performance
- Improved energy efficiency
- Consistent and even temperature distribution
- Reduced humidity levels
- Extended lifespan of your AC system
Our team will conduct a thorough assessment of your home, taking into account factors such as square footage, insulation, and sun exposure. With this information, we can recommend the perfect size air conditioner that will keep you cool and comfortable all summer long.
Licensed Technicians That Keep You Cool
At Mac's Plumbing, Heating & Air, we offer the high-quality HVAC services your home deserves. We proudly provide free in-person estimates on top of already competitive and flat-rate pricing. Our technicians are licensed and certified and are more than happy to answer any and all of your AC questions.
No air conditioning issue is too big or small for our experienced and skilled team. Whether you need AC replacement, installation, repair, or maintenance services, our professionals are here to help.
“The experience and expertise of Mac’s Plumbing Heating & Air was refreshing”Basorba
“From the receptionist to the tech they were great and I would highly recommend Mac's plumbing heating and air.”Cynthia T.
“So...thank you to all of you for taking pride in your job and doing your best. I would highly recommend Mac's Plumbing Heating and Air!”Lori M.